Wednesday 2 July 2014

NATURAL HAIR STYLE ICON - LUYANDO



Luyando

1   Tell us a little bit about yourself

     My name is Luyando Handia

2      When and why did you go natural?

I didn’t really plan on going natural, it just happened. I grew tired of relaxing my hair only to enjoy it for one month. Instead of getting touch ups, I decided to stretch my relaxers by using braids and extensions. I started relaxing no more than 3 times a year. I got my last relaxer on the 22nd of November, 2010.

3      What’s your monthly/weekly hair care routine (regimen)

I usually rinse my hair whenever I feel like I have too much product. I may wash it monthly. I honestly have no real routine because I’m always experimenting with products or extensions for my blog and YouTube channel, so I just go with the flow. I also have a busy schedule, so I don’t have the privilege of taking all day to wash my hair or doing an overnight DC. I’m a style and go type of girl. I do moisturize at least twice weekly. As a general rule, I leave my hair alone if I’m not styling.  I also try to avoid combs because they take up a considerable amount of time.

4     What do you like the most about your hair?

It can really hold a curl.

What are your long term hair goals?



All I want to do is play with my hair and see how many ways I can style it without the use of chemicals and heat. After that, I’ll probably be living the bun life since I tend to gravitate towards buns.


6      Any advice to people that want to grow healthy natural hair?

I have 5 tips:

1.       Find quality products and stick to them. Get rid of products that won’t work. 

2.       Trim or dust your hair every 3 months or as needed.

3.       Find a quick and cute go to style that can be done on your hair whenever you’re in a rush.

4.       Don’t buy into miracle products. Your hair will grow fastest and look best if you put your health first. Be a smart consumer.

5.       Don’t follow the crowd. Natural hair doesn’t have to be a movement or a statement. There’s no need to wear loud makeup, oversized jewellery and ridiculously revealing clothing to prove that you look good natural. There’s no need to be defensive about what people say about your hair. Hair is not professional because you are the professional. People will judge you on many aspects of your life. Don’t be shallow by making everything about your hair. Just be yourself. I’m not telling you not to express yourself as you see fit, but don’t do it because of others. Don’t allow yourself to be consumed by “the movement.”

7      Where can we find you?

Facebook:  PUREEstrogen


Instagram: http://instagram.com/pureestrogen



YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/vashtikk11

Bantu knot out.

braid out afro

cocoon curls


with deep conditioner

dressed up high bun


fishtail bun


flat twist out



8.      THANKS LUYANDO FOR SHARING...

x

4 comments:

  1. Woooow im in love..*stealing some hair ideas*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bee, you are officially allowed to steal. Lol

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You can say that again.
      Thanks Nefuno, its good to have you here. ;)

      Delete