Tuesday 4 February 2014

TWO STRAND TWISTS

Two strand twists or 'tuliki' as Zambians call them, are my go to protective style.

Reasons why i like two strand twists:

  1. They are a great protective style.
  2. They are low maintenance.
  3. They are versatile, i can style them any way i like.
  4. I do them myself, i don't have to go to the salon to have them done.
  5. They do not pull on my hairline.
  6. The older they get, the cuter they become. I always have people asking me if i have locked my hair.hehe.

Twisting:

I used to twist my hair on wash day, but i do not anymore. I now allow my hair to fully air dry in chunky braids before i do my two strand twists.
Since my hair is already moisturized, i just spray my hair and twist it using coconut oil.
my sprints and coconut oil
It takes me about 2-3 hrs to twist my hair depending on the size of the twists. The key is working in sections.







sectioning is key.
 I stay with the twists for a week, sometimes for 10days or so. They are really convenient for days when i don't feel like styling my hair or when am too busy to style my hair.

Thanks and bye. :)
stay blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment