Wednesday 29 January 2014

HOT OIL TREATMENT.



I was doing my hot oil treatment yesterday and I thought I should write a post about it.

Hot oil treatment is simply adding warm oils to the hair and scalp. It is used to give moisture , strength , body and shine to your hair. It is also a great treatment for dry scalp and dandruff.

Let’s get started…….


I used four oils for my treatment: extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), coconut oil, rosemary oil and tea tree oil. But you can use any other oils that you like and are great for your hair.

Olive oil:  EVOO is one of the few oils that are able to penetrate the hair shaft. It helps smooth and soften hair, making it easy to manage and thus reduces breakage. It is good for the scalp because it is both anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.
Coconut oil: coconut oil is my favourite!!!!!!!!!!! It contains lauric acid which helps improve the health of your hair. Hair is protein, coconut oil shields this protein by binding to it and thus protecting your hair from breakage. It also seals in moisture and prevents dandruff.
Rosemary oil: increases blood circulation and thus promoting hair growth because blood carries nutrients and vitamins to the hair follicles. It also prevents premature greying of hair by promoting the pigmentation process of hair.
Tea tree oil: good for your scalp.

I started off by mixing my oils in my applicator bottle, and then I placed it in warm water until the oils became warm.



Warming the oils.
 I then applied to my scalp and massaged it and then I applied to the shafts of my hair paying close attention to the ends of the hair.
It took me about 2hours to finish coz I decided to detangle as I go. I put on a shower cap and a head sock and stayed with the treatment overnight coz I felt lazy to wash my hair (I usually wash after an hour).

Today I woke up with super soft hair, I washed my hair, dried with a t-shirt, applied coconut oil and sealed with shea butter. I then went on to braid my hair so it can air dry.

HAVE YOU TRIED DOING A HOT OIL TREATMENT???????? WHAT WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE?

No comments:

Post a Comment