Friday 24 January 2014

MY REGIMEN - 2013

2013 was dedicated to learning more about my hair.
i was focused on nursing my hair back to health.

When i started my hair journey i was in 4th year med school, school was very busy at times but i tried to find time to care for my hair. so my wash days were either saturdays or sundays.

WASH DAY:
  1. Spritz hair with plain water.
  2. apply my deep conditioner (DC), and detangle.
  3. put on plastic cap, wrap hair, stay with the DC for about an 30min to 1hr.
  4. rinse off DC/ Shampoo, depending on what my hair needed.
  5. dry with t-shirt
  6. apply my leave in.
  7. seal with shea butter.
  8. twist hair to air dry.

 




The DC i would use were:
  • V05 moisture milk + olive 0il + coconut oil.
  • egg + mayonaise + olive oil.
  • oils only (hot oil treatment)
  • coconut milk + oils + V05 moisture milk.
The DC i would use did not depend on anything, just how i was feeling that day.

Shampoo: ApHogee deep moisture shampoo.
did not shampoo every week, just when i used natural DC, dint want to go about with hair smelling of eggs.lol. or when i needed to get rid of product build up.

i never found a leave-in conditioner that i liked, so i used to make my own with V05, aloe vera juice and coconut oil.




DURING THE WEEK:
During the week, i would spritz and oil my hair every other day or whenever my hair felt dry.

if you have any questions, leave them in the comments below.
thanx. 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Chipo. :) Yes, let's grow our Zambian hair long!!!!!

    ReplyDelete