Friday 31 January 2014

NATURAL HAIR DOESN'T LOOK PROFESSIONAL... SAY WHAT??????????

"Natural hair is NOT professional."


I know i know....you probably have heard or said this before.
I did believe that as well, otherwise i would not have found comfort in my blowers and toners.

Mmmmmh it took me quite a while to appreciate my hair texture and have the confidence to rock it as it is.
i started my hair journey in feb 2013, and the whole time i was in school and didn't really mind wearing my hair all the time. But then in july 2013 i had to attend a friends graduation. then it dawned on me that i was going to attend a function with my hair!!!!! in its original texture!!!!!!!!! lol i was a bit nervous. i must admit. but needless to say, i gathered the courage.
I went for the graduation, and guess what? i was not the only one wearing natural hair that day.....

Since that day i rock my hair like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!! invite me for a wedding/party now, and am gonna show up in my fro. Tell me to go and check up on a patient somewhere, i will still show up in my fro.

The world has to accept that this is who i am, this is how God made me, and it doesn't get more professional than that..lol i know that doesn't exactly sound right..but yah!!!!!!!!!!
friend's (jhi's) graduation.

my graduation

in the hospital
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK...LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment